English Learner (EL) Services & Program Supports
IU5 offers a regional consortium of English Learner (EL) services and English Language Development (ELD) program supports. Contact us for more information on how IU5 can support your programs.
EL SERVICES & ELD SUPPORTS
- Administrative ELD Coordinator Collaboration
- Assessment of English Language Proficiency
- ELD Curricular Alignment and Program Consultation
- ELD Instruction
- Guidance with Reclassification
- Itinerant English as a Second Language Program Specialists
- Professional Development for Local Educating Agency Staff/Teams
- Professional Resources
- Screening for Eligibility
- Staff Development
- Staff Supervision
- Teacher/Team Consultation
Partner With Us
We can help!
- IU5 employs multiple English as a Second Language Program Specialists that deliver specialized instruction.
- IU5 itinerant teachers support ELD programs throughout the IU5 and neighboring regions.
- IU5 offers ELD program consultation and professional development for supporting English Learners.
Alternative Education for Disruptive Youth (AEDY)
IU5 offers contracts for AEDY sites in supporting program students who are also English Learners. Contact us for support.
- Education Law Fact Sheet: AEDY New Rules & Guidance for English Learners
English Language Development (ELD) Coordinator Connections
Join our ELD Coordinator’s group for professional support! We meet quarterly using a virtual platform. Our TEAMS repository organizes PDE communications, regional connections, and other important information for supporting ELD programs. Contact us for more information on joining this group: email@example.com.
Federal & State Guidelines and Data Links
- Screening, Identification, and Placement
- Educating English Learners in PA
- EL Counts by School
- Pennsylvania Training & Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN) FAQ: English Learners with IEP’s
- EL Graduation Rates by State
- Our Nation’s English Learners
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition (NCELA) Fact Sheets
- Migration Policy Institute
Pennsylvania EL Teacher Certification FAQ
- English as a Second Language Program Specialist
- Teaching English as a Second Language in PA
- PA Approved Certification Programs
Find more teacher resources at the following links:
- IU5 Outreach
- PaTTAN Nuggets
- Accelerating Learning for Multilingual Learners within an MTSS Framework
- Assessing Learning in a Virtual Setting for English Learners
- Disproportionality: Inappropriate Identification and Placement of Multilingual Learners in Special Education Programs
- Teacher Collaboration and Co-Teaching
- Family-School Partnerships
- English Language Components and Literacy Development
- Oral Language Development in Remote Learning
- ESL Portal PA
- Colorin’ Colorado: Teaching English Learners
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Resource Center
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition (NCELA)
- IU5 Professional Development
Connect with IU5 Federal-State Programs if you have any EL/ELD program questions or need assistance.