IU5 Board & Policies
Board of Directors
Conneaut School District | Mrs. Dorothy Luckock
Corry Area School District | Dr. Doris Gernovich
Crawford Central School District | Mr. Bryan Miller
Erie Public Schools | Ms. Gwendolyn Cooley
Fairview School District | Mrs. Fran New
Fort LeBoeuf School District | Mr. Jeremy Markham
General McLane School District | Mr. Brad Pattullo
Girard School District | Mr. Robert Snyder
Harbor Creek School District | Mrs. Christine Mitchell
Iroquois School District | Mrs. Rita Nicolussi
Millcreek Township School District | Mr. Gary Winschel
North East School District | Dr. Jane Blystone
Northwestern School District | Ms. Leslie Soltis
PENNCREST School District | Mr. Jeffrey Brooks
Union City Area School District | Mr. George Trauner
Warren County School District | Mr. Paul Mangione, Board Vice-President
Wattsburg Area School District | Dr. Andrew Pushchak, Board President
- Improve and expand the quality of our outreach services to better share and connect resources.
- Positive customer service and timely delivery of quality information.
- Foster relationships with internal and external customers to promote excellence, equity and opportunities for everyone.
- Cultivate and foster activities to support mental health and wellness awareness while demonstrating visible and proactive actions with internal and external partners.
- Enhance our culture of high expectations within a supportive environment that empowers all learners to take risks and grow in their learning.
- Leverage our many communication pathways to grow the IU culture of trust, respect, and transparency throughout the organization and our service models.
- Utilize our technology resources to support learning, innovation, and creativity to effectively and efficiently grow the IU.
- Develop and implement, streamlined processes and procedures to improve effectiveness.
- Serve as a liaison for IU stakeholders between local, state and federal agencies.
- Encourage the well-being and success of every employee through effective teamwork and communication.
Strategic Goals: Transparency
- Continue to increase the level of transparency in the budget development process as we become stronger partners with our districts.
- Realign the Special Education/Early Intervention Departments to make best use of available resources.
- Promote a culture of service and outreach to all districts, and the tri-county region as we continue to operate in alignment with our mision, vision, and beliefs.
- Increase our capactiy as an educational service agency to serve as the go-to resource for pre-K to grade 12 education in the region and beyond.
- Implement the SunGard system to improve the accuracy of information and data as well as to improve internal communications as we streamline day-to-day operations.
- Continue to use data to make informed decisions.