IU5 Board & Policies
Board of Directors
Conneaut School District | Mrs. Dorothy Luckock
Corry Area School District | Dr. Doris Gernovich
Crawford Central School District | Mr. Bryan Miller
Erie Public Schools | Ms. Gwendolyn Cooley
Fairview School District | Mrs. Fran New
Fort LeBoeuf School District | Mr. Jeremy Markham
General McLane School District | Mr. Brad Pattullo
Girard School District | Mr. Joseph Meka
Harbor Creek School District | Mr. David Vrenna
Iroquois School District | Mrs. Rita Nicolussi
Millcreek Township School District | Mr. Gary Winschel
North East School District | Dr. Jane Blystone
Northwestern School District | Mrs. Kristy Bolte
PENNCREST School District | Mr. Jeffrey Brooks
Union City Area School District | Mr. George Trauner
Warren County School District | Mr. Paul Mangione, Board Vice-President
Wattsburg Area School District | Dr. Andrew Pushchak, Board President
- Model and lead a customer-centered approach to IU5 services, responding to vested partners and client needs.
- Promote self-care strategies to improve and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Lead change efforts for continuous improvement.
- Adequately and equitably align funds for IU5 services in order to maintain the integrity of IU5 educational programs for all learner's birth through adulthood.
- Ensure every IU5 employee embraces and consistently promotes the IU5 brand, mission, and can articulate its relevance to each person he or she encounters.
- Communicate both internally and externally the value and quality of IU5 programs and services.
- Foster a culture of excellence, innovation, and creativity through engagement, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Encourage a workplace culture of support that promotes employee excellence through overall wellbeing.
- Actively engage in recruiting and retention efforts to ensure delivery of services to our students and schools.
- Promote a culture of cyber security and data privacy in our use of technology.
Strategic Goals: Transparency
- Continue to increase the level of transparency in the budget development process as we become stronger partners with our districts.
- Realign the Special Education/Early Intervention Departments to make best use of available resources.
- Promote a culture of service and outreach to all districts, and the tri-county region as we continue to operate in alignment with our mission, vision, and beliefs.
- Increase our capacity as an educational service agency to serve as the go-to resource for pre-K to grade 12 education in the region and beyond.
- Implement the SunGard system to improve the accuracy of information and data as well as to improve internal communications as we streamline day-to-day operations.
- Continue to use data to make informed decisions.