IU5 Board & Policies
Board of Directors
Conneaut School District | Mrs. Dorothy Luckock
Corry Area School District | Mrs. Amanda Cox
Crawford Central School District | Mr. Bryan Miller
Erie Public Schools | Ms. Gwendolyn Cooley
Fairview School District | Mrs. Fran New
Fort LeBoeuf School District | Mr. Jeremy Markham
General McLane School District | Mr. Brad Pattullo
Girard School District | Mr. Joseph Meka
Harbor Creek School District | Mr. David Vrenna
Iroquois School District | Mrs. Rita Nicolussi
Millcreek Township School District | Mr. Gary Winschel
North East School District | Dr. Jane Blystone
Northwestern School District | Mrs. Kristy Bolte
PENNCREST School District | Mr. Robert Johnston
Union City Area School District | Mr. George Trauner
Warren County School District | Mr. Paul Mangione, Board Vice-President
Wattsburg Area School District | Dr. Andrew Pushchak, Board President
- Foster a culture of respectable staff interactions by showing appreciation, encouraging open discussion and respecting new ideas.
- Strive toward mutual respect where teams, working together, value one another’s input, wisdom and creativity while finding solutions to problems.
- Communicate both internally and externally the value and quality of IU5 programs and services.
- To recruit, develop, and retain staff members who are student-centered, experts in their field, committed to the vision and mission of the IU, and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
- Learn about other departments/programs by being curious, listening and asking questions to promote IU synergy.
Leadership and Personal Qualities
- Lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies, and practices.
- Motivate others, inspire and gain inspiration, give credit to others, and celebrate team successes.
- Promote self-care strategies to improve and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
Business and Finance
- Help to increase our community and online presence extending our outreach and brand recognition beyond previous boundaries.
- Promote a culture of cyber security and data privacy in our use of technology.
Strategic Goals: Transparency
- Continue to increase the level of transparency in the budget development process as we become stronger partners with our districts.
- Realign the Special Education/Early Intervention Departments to make best use of available resources.
- Promote a culture of service and outreach to all districts, and the tri-county region as we continue to operate in alignment with our mission, vision, and beliefs.
- Increase our capacity as an educational service agency to serve as the go-to resource for pre-K to grade 12 education in the region and beyond.
- Implement the SunGard system to improve the accuracy of information and data as well as to improve internal communications as we streamline day-to-day operations.
- Continue to use data to make informed decisions.