The BrainSTEPS (Strategies Teaching Educators, Parents, & Students) Brain Injury School Re-Entry Consulting Program assists Pennsylvania schools in creating educational plans for students following acquired brain injury. Acquired brain injuries (ABI) are brain injuries that occur after birth and include both traumatic brain injuries(TBI) and nontraumatic brain injuries (nTBI).
For more information on your local BrainSTEPS team, call 814-734-8483 or email.
BrainSTEPS Team Members
- Caron Anthony-Higley - Supervisor of Special Education at IU5
- Carol Buckleitner - Supervisor of Special Education at IU5
- Colleen Daum - Assistive Technology Consultant at IU5
- Dr. Juanita Casper - Professor of Elementary Education at Edinboro University
- Suzanne Leslie – School Psychologist at IU5
- Pei-Liang Chang – School Psychologist at IU5
- Cindy Priester - BNI, Physical Therapist.
- BrainSTEPS Brochure
- Pennsylvania's Concussion Return to School Protocol
- Pediatric TBI and Epilepsy: What Schools Need to Know
- Traumatic Brain Injury Signs and Symptoms
- Concussion Management Teams